Wednesday, November 30, 2011

Journal Entry 8 and 9

* The pics won't upload perfectly, but it's the best I can get Blogger to do.
Journal Entry 8 - Day 10 - October 5, 2011

Well, I'm at the Pugh's! We have lots of space but no power or water right now, so this could be interesting. No passports yet. Safari has peed in his pants twice today. I have seat dripping from every part of my body - places that I didn't even know could sweat! We are "really" supposed to get the passports tomorrow. They actually took the kids' pictures today. Moses has a terrible cough. I hope he can sleep tonight. I'm starting to run of money. I've already spent over $2000 that I didn't expect to spend.

Rusty and Debbie took us out to eat at a Lebanese restaurant tonight. It was nice to have something other than hotel food for dinner. Safari and Sandrine did great. It was their first time with fried chicken and I think they'll both do just fine in Kentucky : )

I've had lots of things I want to write about but I forget before I write:

- Abraham the prophet from KY
- House keeper - "give me money"
- 2 men at passport office - lawyer, judge, director, ect...
- Safari carrying water on head and baby on back
- Drumming - Safari has some serious rhythm
- Moses grinding his teeth
- Sandrine's smile

Sandrine Smiling

Safari Drumming



Journal Entry 9 - Day 11 - October 6, 2011

We got the passports! I got the squirts! Life is great! Seriously, praise God that the passports came through. I'll call the embassy tomorrow morning. I pray we can get in by Tuesday. I pray I feel better. The kids are doing well here. Rusty and Debbie are very helpful. We had power most of the day, but it went off right when I was getting ready to shower. I'm pretty funky right now! Moses is doing much better today; it's like he got completely better over night.

Moses doing so much better, but you can see how malnourished he was. This was after I had him for 10 days.


Well, I'm writing in the dark while holding a flashlight and sort of feel like death right now, so this is gonna be a short one.

No comments: