I know that waiting is the game when it comes to international adoption, especially in such an under-developed country, but it's SO hard to wait! Right now we are just waiting on a few consents, just a couple signatures, and then we can go to court. But the problem is that we aren't exactly sure where M's father is. He father gave verbal; consent for adoption after the mother passed away, but we need an official signature on the legal document. We know he left about 3 months ago to find work in a mine. We aren't sure which mine but have a general idea of the city where he may be. This situation is complicated by the fact that there are no real roads in Eastern DRC and the fact that our orphanage director does not have any means of transportation. We believe the father may have a cell phone, but we haven't been able to get the number yet.
This is so far from any situation we can imagine here in the states. We get frustrated when it take more than a few hours sometimes even minutes to get in touch with someone. At this point, we have been waiting about a month to get in touch with this man. Our director has made two trips to try and locate him, but so far, no news. It's out of our control; all we can do is wait and pray. Will you please pray with us that the orphanage director will make contact with the father this week and get the final signatures we need to be able to submit everything to the court?
We are the Fraziers. This blog chronicles our adoption journey to our three kiddos from eastern Congo. As I have time, I will also give you some glimpses into my daily life as a mother of six very energetic children.
Monday, May 9, 2011
Tuesday, May 3, 2011
Video of DRC, the Orphanage and Children
We had a video made of DeWayne's trip to Congo. I just wanted to share it with all of you all. Let me know what you think!
Monday, May 2, 2011
Fingerprints!
Our fingerprints are done! Now, we wait. We wait for final consents; then we wait for court; we wait for US approval; we wait for visa appointments; we wait to travel. We have LOTS of waiting to do. Please pray with us that everything is ready to go to court in the next week. If this happens, it is possible that we could have our children home this summer. Until the, we wait...
Subscribe to:
Posts (Atom)