Sunday, November 27, 2011

Journal entry 5 and 6

Journal Entry 5 - Day 7 - October 2,2011

Overall, today was a pretty good day. It started off a little rocky. Safari and Sandrine were both bouncing off the walls. We all walked to the store to kill some time and that went well. I bought Safari and Sandrine some Mentos and an orange soda. We had some down time this afternoon. Moses and Sandrine napped and Safari sat quietly. Safari and I walked to the store again to get some water. He did great! We actually had real food for dinner, spaghetti from the hotel. It was really good! Maybe that's because it was our first real meal since arriving.


Rusty and Debbie came by this morning (the missionaries I stayed with). I won't be able to stay with them until Tuesday or Wednesday. They seem really nice, and I think it will work out well once I'm actually there. They said they have some outdoor space where the kids can run! This will be great!

Tomorrow is the big day - visa appointments. I pray that the kids have their passports well before our interview. I pray the consul is understanding of our situation. Most of all, I pray that the kids get their visas this week. This would be a huge blessing to us!

Journal Entry 6 - Day 8 - October 3, 2011

Today was a rough day to say the least. Moses is sick again. He has a fever and was up all night coughing. I literally slept about 2 hours last night. Today was supposed to be our embassy appointment, but we still have no passports after waiting at the Passport Ministry for another 6 hours. Safari ped in his pants at least 3 times while we were waiting. Flavien totally shamed him for it. It is easy to see that he favors Sandrine over Safari. He never corrects her but is always on Safari about something.

Sarah left tonight, and I lost it. It was the first time I cried since arriving. I tried not to, but I couldn't help it. Everything just flooded forward; nothing has gone as planned and I have no idea when we will be leaving now. On top of that, Flavien is leaving in the morning at 5am. I am at the hotel alone with all three kids. We are totally stuck until Rusty comes to get us. I totally freaked out Sandrine and Safari when I cried. They didn't know what to do. I just kept telling them it was okay, but I couldn't stop crying - I mean snot running out, hole in your stomach crying. Eventually we got through it. All three kids went to sleep very easy. I'm physically and emotionally exhausted. I pray that we get the passports and move in with Rusty and Debbie soon.

No comments: