I skipped another day, but nothing really happened except that we sat in a dirty, unairconditioned taxi for about 7 hours with just a few snacks waiting for the kids' passports. I'll add more pics tomorrow. Blogger is being really slow tonight.
Journal Entry 4 - Day 6 - October 1
Well, I am beginning to wonder if anything is definite in Congo. We still don't have passports for the kids. The embassy says we must have them before our visa interview on Monday at 12. Only an act of God will allow this to happen.
Rusty and Debbie will be arriving in Kinshasa tomorrow. I'm not sure when we will be going to stay with them. As far as the kids, there are lots of ups and downs. Safari is a lot like Blaine - taken to a whole other level because we can't communicate well. He has had LOTS of time outs, and I have smacked his hand twice. He wants to help often and has a very sweet voice. He is amused by sounds. He smiles and laughs a lot. He continually tests the boundaries. I think he will do great with Blaine and Zac! Sandrine is a lot like Kiera. She likes to be in control, and when she doesn't feel like she is, she refuses to do anything. She has a beautiful smile and I love her laugh. She is beginning to trust me more. She loves the bath now and likes to change her clothes. Moses is doing so well. He is responding to everything. He is eating more than double what he did at first. He is starting to smile a lot. He is trying to rollover. He reaches out often and even cries when he is hungry now. He is so beautiful, and I am totally in love!
I really want to be home. I need Dewayne, especially with Safari. I miss the kids. It's really hard. I almost cried at the passport office today. The embassy says the next appointment is over 5 weeks away. I've been here 6 days and have accomplished very little other than bonding with the kids - which is important. I just am ready to have my whole family together.

No comments:
Post a Comment