Can't get the pics to upload tonight. I'll try again tomorrow or Sunday.
Journal Entry 10 - Day 13 - October 8, 2011
I have never had so much diarrhea in all my life - seriously- like all the times I've ever had it added together! I must have gone over 100 times in 24 hours. Puked a few times, fever, cough, headache - pretty much felt like I was gonna die. Thanks God for prayer and Cipro! I'm feeling a lot better today - not great but better. Rusty came over and watched the kids so that I could take a shower; they also washed some clothes for us, and I got to wash some dishes, no of which had been done before today. Needless to say we were very thankful for the power and water today!
Safari had a rough day testing limits. I think he has finally realized that I can wait longer than he can for time out to end. He had two that lasted at least 40 minutes just because he refused to get up after he was given permission. Sandrine is adjusting well. She is learning a lot of English. She would sit in the kitchen and eat all day if I would let her. She ate part of Safari's dinner tonight while he was in time out! She has such a beautiful smile. Moses is doing great all of the sudden - smiling, laughing, clapping, rolling, babbling, reaching, putting things in his mouth. It's really amazing
Our embassy appointment is next Friday. I pray they issue the visas quickly - less than a week!
Journal Entry 11 - Day 14 - October 9, 2011
Today we had a full day. We went to the International Protestant Church of Kinshasa. The service was in English. It was nice but not what I expected. It was a very calm, quiet service even though the majority of the congregation were Africans. The kids did great. Moses got a little rowdy at the end, but I was shocked at how well they did. Then we went to another Lebanese restaurant. I ordered chicken and rice an hummus for us to share. It was pretty good (would have been really good, but my stomach is still a little queasy). Safari ate a ton! After lunch, we went for ice cream, more like gelatto. Then the grocery and a tour along the Congo River. There were several moments in the car where I thought I was going to vomit, but I made it home puke free! We just chilled here in the apartment for a while, then went to the Pugh's for a bit. I pray this week goes by quickly.
No comments:
Post a Comment