It's been a while since I've given an update. We are still waiting and praying about how to proceed. We know this is what we are supposed to do and plan to do so as soon as possible. Our tax returns should at least allow us to begin the process. We have sold about 30 shirts, so that will definitely help. We are hoping to sell 100. We have been cutting back in almost ever area of our lives. When I think about how privileged our lives here in America are compared to the lives of our children in Africa, it makes it very difficult to spend money that is not necessary.
Aside from finances, our greatest concern is completing an ethical adoption. I don't ever want to wonder or have my children wonder what our money was used to accomplish. I don't want to have any concerns that our money aided in child trafficking, that our children were bought from their poor parents, that judges or important officials were bribed. There are so many concerns when adopting from an under-developed country. We want to know without a doubt that our adoption is ethical so that we will never have a problem looking our children in the eyes when they ask the tough questions. We hope to start our home study this month. Until we have a clear answer from the Lord as to how we should proceed as far as an agency goes, we are waiting and praying.
No comments:
Post a Comment