Wednesday, June 16, 2010

What to do?

DeWayne and I feel pretty strongly about adopting from Rwanda. Recently we have learned that the process may turn into a few years as opposed to 18 months. We should learn more about this in the next week or so. In the meantime, we have been presented with the possibility to adopt from a different African country which I can't name. If we proceeded with this country, we would have our boys home by early Spring most likely, but this will cost us about double what Rwanda will cost. This specific country has an orphan crisis of epidemic proportions and the need is overwhelming. DeWayne and I are really struggling with what to do. How do we know which country to choose? We have prayed but still feel very torn between the two, with him leaning one way and me the other. Please pray with us that God will make this clear for us very soon. We would like to be confident in our decision before we move in a few weeks so that we can hit the ground running once in KY.

2 comments:

Kat said...

Hi, I found your blog on the adopt rwanda yahoo group. Our dossier has been in Rwanda for 2 months but I was curious what you have heard about estimated wait times. I have heard so many things lately that it is making me very anxious. If you could email me I would really appreciate it. Thanks!
katarrack@gmail.com

Anonymous said...

Hi, I just found your blog. For what its worth we've had a heart for Rwanda but for whatever reason God has revealed Uganda to us lately. Keep on praying, he will show you!