We had a very productive trip to DC last week. We met with the Ambassador who was very gracious and helpful. She was very supportive of our adoption and interest in DRC. After running all over downtown DC for two days, DeWayne finally got a new passport and visa for his trip. Apparently his passport was out of pages and too worn to add new pages! I guess that's what happens when you travel as much as he did in his previous job. We had a great lunch with another family who adopted from the same orphanage as us. They had lots of great information for us, and their son is absolutely adorable! The trip was definitely worth the twenty-one hour round trip drive. The contacts we were able to establish should prove very helpful in the future.
On the more relaxing side, we got to hang out with my cousin and her husband a little. We toured part of the Capitol and walked around the White House. We had some excellent food and great conversation. Overall, we had a great trip!
1 comment:
hey there. great to hear about your trip to DC. Thought of you. One of the ladies I'm going to Ethiopia with in a few weeks is very involved in DRC. She's the director at Medic-Aid. I don't know anything about the org but I'm sure to find out soon. She has some medical emergency and sounds like she's going to the DRC very soon. I wonder if she would be a good place for info for you...
tb
Post a Comment